K MOD 37’’ Pro RMK IFS
- Suspend front of sled so there is no weight on front suspension.
- Remove shocks.
- Remove control arm to spindle bolts, remove tie rod end from spindle, set spindle ski assembly aside.
- Remove upper control arms, keeping attaching pins for new arm.
- Remove sway bar bolt from lower arm, then remove lower control arms.
- Remove tie rod boot from bulk head (#25 torx) then remove tie rod leaving inner rod end on steering bell crank.
- Install tie rod boot on new tie rod, thread tie rod on inner rod end leaving half of the threads (don’t lock jamb nut until alignment process in done). Leave boot hanging loose.
- Install lower control arms (ball joint canted back and snap ring on ball joint facing down) using factory arm to bulkhead attaching pins. Hand lube pins with grease.
- Install sway bar to lower control arm with 8 mm X 60 mm bolt and lock nut supplied with kit.
- Install upper control arms with bend forward and snap ring on ball joint facing down, using factory arm to bulkhead attaching pins. Hand lube pins with grease.
- Install spindle and ski assembly. Using factory bolt and lock nut on lower arm, use 10mm X 60mm Allen head bolt supplied and factory lock nut on upper arm. Install tie rod on spindle using factory rod end (leave jamb nut loose for alignment).
- Track must be aligned first, make sure its centered before attempting to align front end or the front end will not align parallel with the track. With handle bars centered first and looking straight, lay straight edge along track so to measure straight edge to ski front and rear (see photos). Measure from straight edge to ski behind spindle and then measure straight edge to ski in front of spindle. Adjust tie rod to get 1/8’’ toe out. Repeat process on each side. Double check measurements then tighten both jamb nuts to the rod ends together so as not to effect alignment.
- Re attach tie rod boot to bulk head.
The 37’’ front can be run with or without sway bar (personal preference). If sway bar is not used you may need to increase spring preload to prevent too much sway.