Kmod complete heavy duty drop bracket for Polaris
- After suspension is removed, drill out rivets that attach original drop bracket to running board (drill the 3 rivets just inboard of the drop bracket rivets in the running board, then install new rivets from the bottom up to make room for new running board drop bracket support) Drill out pop rivets in tunnel that are in the upper part of drop bracket, center punch the rivet it will drill easier.
- On the inside of the tunnel grind off the self piercing rivets holding the inter half of the stock drop bracket. Remove the drop bracket by working back and forth to pop it off the rivets.
- After the drop bracket is removed grind remaining part of the rivets down to make the tunnel flush for the new drop bracket. Don’t try to remove the self-piercing rivets or it will deform the tunnel. See photo
- Take a piece of strap metal and drill a 3/8’’ hole in one end, measure 30-7/8’’ and drill another hole so there is 30-7/8’’ center to center between the holes.
- 31-1/4’’ center to center for the Kmod hole.
- Install the one end of the strap in tunnel with bolt.
- Install other end of strap in the new drop bracket lower hole, (for stock skid) move the new drop bracket up in tunnel until its flush with the top of tunnel. Hold with c clamps or vise grip clamps and drill through the top rivet hole that was drilled out in the original drop bracket. Install a couple of pop rivets to hold drop bracket in place.
- Drill through drop bracket holes through tunnel, install buck rivets supplied. Pop rivets can be used but be careful of rivets heads lining up with track and causing a rub.